Monday, October 20, 2008

SFI (Sword Forum International or Sword Fantasies & Incest)

Looking to get your sword identified? I say "Best avoid SFI".

Beware of Sword Forum International; Although many of the members are non-affiliated and helpful, many more are grouped in little "Do not argue with us" gangs and most are out to make a buck off unsuspecting sword owners who go there for identifications.

I have proof, a screen grab of an internal SFI email between one of their "respected" members, one Ian Knight of Brighton, AKA swords_of_honour (yeh right - Ian Knight sells Indian swords as English), and someone I had a business arrangement with (a partnership to buy some French swords). This respected SFI member used the Sword Forum International mail system to approach this business partner of mine to try and get them to renage on our agreement, claiming I was not ethical! Claiming I had a bad reputation on SFI (I was not one of the little gang and I did my best to help others unselfishly).

What most of the members of the antqiues section of SFI do is a) down play a particular sword on the public forums and then b) make a "generous" offer to the poor unsuspecting sword owner abusing SFI's email system. When you catch the little buggers out and provide a screen shot of their email to prove it, what do they say? Why, they say "The internal emails are private and copyrighted, so you should not be doing this! A bit like religions, which is what these jokers think they are, where the BS pundits say you can not ask where God came from because that is not allowed, then go to say they are acting in God's name and doing nothing wrong. Mark McMorrow, the un-god like owner of Sword Fantasies & Incest dodges all of this by hiding his email addresses and not replying when you find them, like a common thief is prone to doing when faced with the facts!

2 comments:

crwunnos said...

There are lot of very good guys at SFI like Dominic, DanR, Arne, Juan Perez, et al... . OTOH, there are a couple rotten apples, and McMorrow is sadly one of them . He holds some sort of unholy alliance with a character by the nom-de-guerre Marc Marbot.

At the very beginning of my membership, they were rather civil, but Marbot started soon to show his true self, probably out of sheer envy. It got to the point that I had to ignore all his senseless remarks about my collection. Time eventually showed I was correct, and he was wrong.

And yet, his continuous and gratuitous attacks were hard to ignore, and after my first quite tame and civilized response, McMorrow jumped in of Marbot's behalf, and threatened to throw me out of the forum if I dared to confront Marbot again.

Of course, being both Spanish-Galician and American, I don't take to threats well. I consequently d anvery gently requested Mr. McMorrow to kiss my white derriere, and bid him a hearty adieu...

Haven't returned since then, but I eventually learned that Markie had indeed blocked me, as he threatened to do.

True, I miss the _good_ ol'guys from SFI, but I'm very glad I don't have to deal with the mentioned riff-raff.

I now frequent the Ethnographic Arms & Armour / European Armoury, at Vikingsword. The people there are friendly and the atmosphere clear and healthy. Visit the site, you won't be sorry. I know you'll be welcomed, as I was.

Best regards and Apertas

Manuel Luis

Anonymous said...

They are all unfriendly even nasty wannabe experts on SFI; just check this out for nasty;
http://www.swordforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92671